Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Rabbit Hole

Tonight, I put aside all of my wallowing, homesickness and heart-brokenness for a minute to be grateful for what I am doing here in my life. During the walk home from a lovely dinner at Wagamamas restaurant with new friends, I contemplated for a moment the vastness of my life and tiny moment of it in which I live. All around me the world is going up in flames.. families are being broken, people are dying just an hour away in violent riots and tragedies continue to go on in our own backyards (or gardens I guess). But here I am, safe in this tiny seaside corner of the world, hidden from violence and divorce and rehab and death and reality. For the first time, I didn't think about being home but being here and never leaving. 


No comments:

Post a Comment