Wednesday, July 20, 2011

London Calling

Yesterday I went to London for the first time and stayed in a youth hostel (that was an experience itself). I was lucky enough to meet up with Christy from New Brunswick who has been living there for a couple of weeks already. She showed me around and we did some fun touristy things! We walked by Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, Tate Britain, Trafalgar Square, had a drink in the West End and I saw loads of those huge red buses :)

Day two in London I was on my own to do some exploring. First thing, I had to figure out the insane subway system of the city.. its massive! I made my way over to the Tate Modern to look around. To my surprise, admission is free and its 7 floors of a great contemporary art. After, I went for a rainy walk through Regents Park which was actually really beautiful with all the rows of flowers glistening and wet. I really love London (especially since I mastered public transit) and can't wait to go back and see even more.

2 comments:

  1. just wanted to say, so glad you included the tube map on here... my friends in england picked one up for me and i had no idea it'd be that awesome looking!
    now i'm looking forward to it even more. keep exploring!
    -cady

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, i wouldn't call it awesome! It was soo overwhelming to figure out. If I hadnt had someone explain it to me for a full day I know I would have been seriously lost:P

    ReplyDelete