Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Keep Calm and Carry On

Being here in the UK is amazing, everything is exciting and there's always things to do. But something I have to keep reminding myself is that I am living on my own for the first time, and day to day life is sometimes a challenge on its own.

Forrr example: Yesterday I did laundry on my complete own (yes, I am a spoiled only child). It took me almost a full day to work up the courage to carry my bags down to the launderette on St. James street and then when I finally got all my clothing into the front load machine, I could not figure out how to turn on the bloody goddamn thing. 

Instructions: "load machine, press on/off button, press start button" ...THERE WAS ONLY ONE BUTTON. 

There was no one around to ask for help so I was forced to use my brain a bit and figure it out. But now Im happy to report that all my clothes are clean and fresh and I feel a tiny bit closer to being a full on independent adult.




In other news, I am still trying to teach myself something called budgeting. 

It's really very hard to do when youre living in a city with shopping all over the place. Today I discovered topshop, so, God help me.



1 comment:

  1. topshop! sooo jealous! make wise choices... but ph yes, buy buy buy ;)

    ReplyDelete